May 10, 2009

A DAY FOR MOTHERS

Happy Mother's Day readers! I've been languishing this morning in the beautiful spring outdoors. I was spied on by a Great Blue Herron and simply enjoyed the crisp morning air. I was dwelling on the awesome responsiblity of being a mother. What a wonderous gift it is! With all of the complexities life has given me, motherhood ranks right up there. I've enjoyed the gamit of emotions we all experience, some more than others and the older I get the more I understand my own mother. However, her patience with daughters that are pushing 50 and sometimes still act like they're pushing 10 simply confounds me. Was she a perfect mother? absolutely not. Was she a loving, caring, nurturing, supportive, funny, goofy, interesting, pretty, intelligent and thoughtful mother, Oh yahhh. She's been a tough act to follow. When we are out in public together we are still mistaken for sisters. I am glad my mother set boundaries, glad she set expectations and glad she refused to allow violent talk in our home. She did her best, I know that for a fact. I am SO thankful she is here today and that both of my boys "know" their Grandma Sherry. It is a joy to watch my youngest son bantor with her and give her a hard time. She's fun that way. She is such a gifted artist (which she hasn't done for way to long) a gifted writer, gardener, and healer. She works too hard, doesn't play enough and is so darn serious! If I had one wish for her it would be that she learns how to play. She did go on a once-in-a-lifetime cruise this past winter and I was thrilled for her. So in closing "Dear Mom, lighten up, get off your rear and start painting again and please, please, will you start to get a few wrinkles? You're a Great Grandmother for heaven's sake!"  I love you!  Thank you for ALWAYS being my mom. Your very proud daughter, Laurie As Grand Funk Railroad sang so well, "Your some kinda wonderful"

2 comments:

Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

Wow!!!! I sure never expected such accolades! Thank you, Laurie. I bet you wondered if I would ever read it! I will do my best to follow your advice. I love you, too and am so glad we can be here together at this time of our lives.

I want to keep this. Don't know if I can print it our. If not, can you! Love and hugs, Mom

Anonymous June 3, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Hi dear friend! Just wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog. It's a different type of tagging which I found quite refreshing. Hope you enjoy!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."