December 29, 2008

gRain Ponchos (TM) stained glass feeder covers

Good Afternoon Readers! I'm trying out some different names for my bird feeder covers. I thought gRain Ponchos (TM) is a hoot! What do you think vs. Made In The Shade? Today I'm sharing photos of the beginning stages of the stained glass process as I create a medium size shade. I was contacted by a buyer recently and thought this would be a good example of a custom order request. I thought some of you may enjoy the educational process and/or be a bit curious as to just "how" these babies are made. The photos here include the pattern (which is duplicated six times for this particular cover), the glass that was chosen and the pattern pieces adhered to the glass . Then shown are the beginning stages of cutting each piece to size. From here, each individual piece will be cut to the exact size and then grinding the edges ensues. (NOT my favorite part of the creative process) I'll send updated pictures of that also but for now PLEASE send me a comment about my name idea. I think gRain Ponchos (TM) is such a fun play on words but would really love my readers input! With gratitude, Laurie B.

7 comments:

Pam December 29, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Oh. gRain. I get it now. I love it.

PastelGuy December 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

Took me awhile to figure out the gRain part, but i love the concept. I do stained glass at times, too, and find the custom work to be the most gratifying. Check out http://matthewweld.blogspot.com/2008/11/custom-stained-glass.html if you have a moment. Found you via Twitter.

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

To be honest, I did groan when I figured it out – the name is clever. I didn’t figure it out until I read the previous posting about how she finally figured it out – I guess then I realized there was something to figure out (did you figure out that last sentence?!?!). I do like it though!

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

Hi Laurie, just stopping by to let you know I've left an award for you on my blog. With you creating such beautiful homes for our feathered friends, it seemed only fitting.♥

Pam Hawk January 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

I found something that might help with the process of developing this ingenious new product. Go to Google, and in the upper left where you see Images Maps News (etc) click More. At the bottom of the list that pops down, click Even More.

About 2/3 of the way down, on the left, there's a link for patent searches. (Look for the lightbulb icon.) If it's been Googlesized, it's probably been made a lot easier than the ".us.gov" patent search site.

(Sorry Uncle Sam. I love ya, but gosh darn you are so confusing!!)

Laurie Roskam January 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Pam Hawk ROCKS!!!!!!!

Pam January 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Thanks!
{{{blushing}}}

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."