December 31, 2008

Faith Smiled At Destiny

I

first heard this song the day my niece Tendai was born. Although she isn't pictured here the song keeps her close to my heart) The year in review is such an amazing journey for me to take. I hit some real benchmarks with my business, tackled some serious health issues, rekindle so many friendships from (gulp) 30 years ago by embracing Facebook, and had both my sons married within 6 weeks of each other! The gabmit of emotions ran from fear to pure joy. Being a human on the face of this earth can be such a challenge. The political climate was a tough one for me and drove me inward towards my art. Some burdens were lifted while new ones took their places. I continue to reflect most days on my blessings, enjoying small wonders and celebrating even the hardest moments this life hands me. I tried my best to honor the past, and live in the present and create the future. Did I stumble and fall, of course, but I told myself that at least I fell. That means I'm moving forward. I remind myself that as with anything in nature, when we stop growing, we die. So my friends, here's to continued growth! With gratitude, Laurie B

6 comments:

Brenda Salzano December 31, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Laurie,
Your comments I can see come from the heart! Love the photo roll on top, and the design of your page. I feel like you, I had a year to count my blessings. I was not perfect, but I end the year, knowing I did the best I could. I look forward to 2009 with Anticipation of what CAN be!! BTW, Love the song playing.

Anonymous January 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Oh Laurie your slideshow was just magical! What a beautiful woman you are with so many blessings! Wishing you all the same and more for the New Year with blessing of good health as well!♥

Anonymous January 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Laurie,
What can I say? This photo collage is such incredibly beautiful creation. I am in awe of what you are and what you have accomplished!

Love you, Hon!! Mom

Unknown January 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Happy New Year Laurie! May it be all you hope for and more!

Kristen Andrews January 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Happy New Year to you Laurie!

Pam Hawk January 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

What a perfect tribute to the past year. Acknowleding factors that provided growth and looking forward to what the new year brings... Love it.

Happy New Year!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."