September 24, 2008

I'M STEPPIN OUT! LAST CALL!!!

Good evening to my readers!
I wanted to post one last time about the American Diabetes Walk that I am participating in on October 5th.
Even the smallest of donations will be appreciated. You can go to my webpage and see the different ways of contributing but I urge you to please dig deep. I know in these horrible economic times we tend to pull our purse strings tight, and rightly so, but if you could sacrifice 5 bucks for the cause, it really will all add up.
Thanks to all of you that have dontated and I wanted to let you know I've been "in training" since signing up. I am up to walking FOUR miles a day now and am shoot for FIVE miles a day starting next Monday.
Am I sore? You becha!
So to recap:
I am Stepping Out for the American Diabetes Association in a three mile walk in Champaign, IL.
Please visit my personal web page at http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/StepOut/StepOut275358010?px=4368358&pg=personal&fr_id=5341 if you are interested in donating, volunteering or participating in this life-saving event.
With Gratitude, Laurie B.
On a side note, I just finished an beautiful mosaic glass applique' antique window. It will need to cure for a week or two but I can't wait to share it. I made it for MYSELF! I really neglect ME when I get busy with orders. So, I'd say the next unveiling will be the salon sign for Style Fx, located in Madison, WI. It's a kickin' salon that does fabulous work so if you're in the Madion area, stop by their shop and tell Jamie that Laurie Sent Yah!

4 comments:

Human Touch Designs September 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

Hi Laurie! Congrats on taking the challenge to Step Out for the Fight Against Diabetes! I'll be walking in the Mishawaka, IN event on October 11th. Best wishes to you and yours!

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

How absolutely wonderful Laurie!

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Laurie,
As a Type 1 Diabetic, thank you for your dedication and commitment to this cause.
I appreciate your walking for this cause.

Patricia Hecker

Pam Hawk September 24, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Good for you!
Sounds like a fun day planned for a great cause -

PS: Can't wait to see the sign for Style FX!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."