June 16, 2009

A Black And White Issue

I am starting on a new commission for a client from New Jersey. She saw my original work on Etsy, a panel that is 8 x 12 entitled A Black And White Issue. She requested the same glass, baroque in black and white, but asked that I create the panel with dimensions of 24 x 18. Many times I can take a pattern from a pattern book and resize it via the computer, however, in this case the geometrics of the pattern would not resize due to aspect ratio issues. I decided to completely hand draw the pattern. It is similar to the original in the pattern book but did take some extra work. From there, I had to make a few copies and I have since cut the pattern, laid it on the glass and have 1/2 of the pattern cut and ready to grind. I will be loading pictures as soon as my computer stops acting up but for now, I wanted to let you know what MAGIC is happening at The Looking Glass. Please stop back in in the next day or two and check out the photos with more detailed descriptions of the stained glass process. With Gratitude, Laurie B.

1 comments:

PastelGuy June 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

I love the baroque in b/w, so I'm interested to see the pictures! So often art glass is colorful, that it's interesting to think of it as a medium for b/w.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."