February 3, 2009

Funky February Funk

Good morning readers! I laid awake at 3 am this morning lamenting over what topic to post about and all of the negatives kept popping into my head. The bitter cold weather, lack of sunshine, the long cold month of February, the lack of sales I've had lately, and the list goes on. Yes folks, I have entered my annual February funk! So, I reached into my bag of affirmations and decided to post on all I am grateful for since that list is MUCH longer.

I AM THANKFUL FOR
A warm home to keep me from the cold outside
A loving family that supports and nurtures me
Loving friends that always steer me in the right direction
Food on our table
Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
My gardens sleeping peacfully during the winter waiting for tending in the spring
The physical ability to exercise
The physical ability to create art
My beautiful grandchild
My perfect new puppy Sebastian
Homeward Bound Pet Shelter (no-kill shelter) and all of the hard work they do.
My snowmobile suit that keeps me warm in sub zero weather
My mother, Sherry and sister, Lisa
My extended family and their interest in my life
My cousin Rick
My cousin Robb
Any sunshine we DO get in February
The promise of Spring
and last but NEVER least...SEED CATALOGS! LOL, with gratitude, Laurie B.

3 comments:

Patricia Hecker February 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Ah yes, the beauty of 'armchair gardening'......the possibilities of seeds with all that energy inside just waiting for our love to make them grow!

Patricia

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Finally got to checking out the blog... Sorry to hear sales are slow, you don't complain. Wish you didn't have to lay awake at 3 in the AM! Oh, well. Spring is just around the corner. Yes, the dog looks stuffed. Yes, the child is very sweet! Yes, I love you, Mom

audrey February 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Awesome post...great list of thankful things. :)

I left you something on my blog. Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/cpye9n

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."