February 17, 2009

Completion of my first Hyde Park design

Good Morning friends! I have completed my first Hyde Park design and whew it was a challenge! I am very pleased with it's completion and am very happy with all of my glass choices. I used English Muffle for it's highly reflective quality. I searched and searched for a piece of special glass for the vase and I think the effort really paid off.
I will be listing this piece on Esty. I hate to part with it but it is lovely and I would love to share it with someone.
Today I have a completely free day to work in my studio on my next piece! I have started digging in; creating some items for the speaking engagement I have in April. Hope everyone is doing well. Winter is almost behind us! With gratitude, Laurie B.

7 comments:

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

This is SO beautiful Laurie! I love the subdued colors and the texture of the glass. You really pulled it all together for an outstanding piece of art!

Lisa February 17, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Laurie, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Hi,
I see your not EC anymore. It can be a hassle. Your stain glass is very beautiful. I will be glad when winter leaves. Its not been good for me. I fell a couple of weeks ago really hurt my arm and the darn thing won't get well. I just don't like Ice one bit....

Anonymous February 18, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Hi Laurie,

Well guess what, my problem was that I was used to your comments and new photos appearing at the top of the blog! So didn't scroll down QUITE far enough. The Hyde Park piece shows up great!

SR

Scary Mommy February 21, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Looks beautiful, Laurie!! You should be so proud!

Victoria February 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Wow, that is beautiful.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! February 22, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Wow - that's gorgeous!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."