January 15, 2009

Hyde Park Panel How-To in Stained Glass


I have been MIA for a bit and thought I'd give you a visual on some things I've been doing. As followers of my blog know, I have been in the process of creating a replica of a Hyde Park Stained Glass Panel. The pictures above show one of the steps of the process I just completed. The edges of each pattern piece are ground smooth and then fitted on the pattern allowing for the mm of foil that each will be wraped in. When you are finished with this stage of the game you must make sure each piece is labeled properly and then they are ready to be washed, dried and foiled. Tonight and tomorrow I will be foiling each pattern piece and will the show you a picture of what the pattern looks like once it's placed in the jig and ready to be soldered. I've also been grinding another bird feeder cover and a lovely multi-colored church panel for an upcoming gig I have in April. Can't wait to share those with my friends here! Hope everyone is at home this evening, safe and warm. I must say this weather is, well....ENOUGH all ready! With gratitude, Laurie B.

5 comments:

Steve McMillen January 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

This lesson is fab. Looking forward to more.

Denise January 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Can't wait to see it finished! I know how you love the very small pieces! Happy Grinding!It is a beautiful piece, just like you. :)

Deronda designs... January 20, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Oooh, it's going to be stunning.

Anonymous January 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Hi my dear friend! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Please stop by my blog when you have a moment, I've left an award for you. hugs♥

Unknown January 27, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

Gosh, that's very interesting. I made some stained glass pieces as a teen but I had VERY rudimentary tools compared to you. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."