December 27, 2008

Made In The Shade (TM) stained glass birdfeeder covers

Good morning readers! I am very excited to be working on my newest project, Made In The Shade (TM) bird feeder covers. The photo above shows a lampshade that I had in my garage and through pure necessity put it on my feeder and voila, the idea was born! It sure looks better than the green/black plastic protectors and my birdseed is nice and dry!
I have since created custom ordered lampshades for clients in a smaller size. I have trademarked my concept and am now working on creating several different sizes and designs to add to my inventory on Etsy. As always, I welcome custom requests. I love working one-on-one with people from all around the United States and am very excited about this concept! Pam Hawk from Pass It On Plates and Plate It Forward http://passitonplatesblog.blogspot.com/  has, once again, fueled my imagination and given me incredible support. She pointed out that this will have great potential for the western states (she lives in Oregon) since they have lovely mild winters. These do seem to be very hardy to the winter we've had here in the Midwest thus far but I do think, with her help, people out west will really enjoy these. Sending you warm wishes on this stormy weekend here in the Midwest, with gratitude, Laurie B.
If you have already purchased one of my covers I would be thrilled to have a picture of it attached to your feeder to share here on my blog! Please submit photos to begginfarmhouse@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Beautiful Work, Laurie!

saffron December 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

That is so beautiful, and useful!!

GabrielleTeare.com December 28, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

Hi Laurie,
I write for hautemimi.com and http://www.gabrielleteare.com/blog maybe we could do the angels anythinh vaguely fashion orientated I am going to write on fashion illusrtration as well then do you . I also submit to about 3 other blogs so if it is good they will take it too! Your glass is beautiful I had a huge house with art nouveau ladies and flowers loved it. I also commissioned some etched glass panels for a front door of another house. Big fan!If I do feature you please can I have alink to my main site, gabrielleteare.com I am still a newby! V.Hard at the moment is why I set up the blog. Does twitter and your blog get you clients??

Anonymous December 28, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

A stained glass birdfeeder cover is a very original idea; I'm sure the birds appreciate. Your work is beautiful; very interesting stuff.

Laurie Roskam December 28, 2008 at 6:20 AM  

Thank you Liam for your kind words! Necessity is the mother of invention. I grabbed the lampshade instead of the milk jug. SOOOO glad I did! With gratitude, Laurie B.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."