November 25, 2008

Post Number 200! I am THANKFUL

The holidays have descended friends! A flurry of activity has started here at The Olde Farmhouse. I have so much to write about and so little time! In upcoming posts I'll be sharing a wonderful story about Bob the Rooster, who lives two fields away (along with spectacular photos!) but for now I want to thank It's Okay to be Weird for this beautiful award. This award came at a perfect time for me. When activities pick up I tend to get sidetracked from the most important things in life. Gratitude for the small things, the big things, and everything in between. So on the heels of this award I am reminded of all that I am grateful for...THANKFUL for.

I need to list 6 things that I'm thankful for and pass the award along to 6 more Kreativ Bloggers.

Hmmm... just 6 things, and only 6 blogs... well, here goes!

  • I'm thankful for my health - Living with Lupus isn't a "joy" but most days I muddle through.
  • I am thankful every single moment of every day for my fantastic husband. He's my rock and the picture of integrity, and a wonderful husband.
  • I am thankful for my two sons who as young adults now, make me so incredibly proud. They are men now and I am amazed daily at how blessed I am to have them not only as my sons, but as my friends.
  • I am thankful for Jessica, Andrew's wife and my DAUGHTER~ oh those words are music to my ears~
  • I am thankful for Maureen, Matthew's love and for PIPER~!!! My new grand daughter. Do you hear the balance of male/female power shifting in this family???? (LOL)
  • I am thankful for my mother, Sherry, who through all of the trials and tribulations between my father and sisters (and there are many and they run deep) she has been there, beside me, even when I didn't particularly want her there.
  • I am thankful, SO thankful for my sister Lisa, and her husband Dave, and son Alex. Sis and I have been through some murky stuff but we are like lotus blossoms, and have risen from the depths to bloom! Woohoo!!!
Now I want to bestow this award on six of my favorite bloggers who bring a smile to my face, provoke a deep thought in my noggin, lighten my load, are my biggest cheerleaders and best online friends a blogger could every hope to have. I am thankful, so thankful for these women! Pam, of Pass It on Plates, Sharon, of Manamoon Studios Denise, of Changing Designs Kristen of La Dolce Vita Jill who isn't "SO" Scary Mom Pat of Tattoo Dreams With Gratitude, Laurie B. May you have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving

3 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs November 25, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Congrats on your award and a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!!!!

be well,
Amy

Laurie Roskam November 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Thank you so much Amy! I just used one of your cards today. They are simply divine! With gratitude, Laurie B.

Scary Mommy November 25, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Awwww, thanks!!! I am so thankful for these wonderful blog friendships we've all developed :)

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."