November 8, 2008

It's the most wonderful time...

of the year......remember that song? Okay, let me preface this by telling you that I've been sick all week with pneumonia. Today appears to be THE day here at The Olde Farmhouse. Seasons have a way of dictating what you can, can't and should do. I donned my winter coat and hat and filled the bird feeders with nuts and seeds, watched the tractors finishing up in the fields, realized it was too cold to paint a frame out in the garage and am ready for another sea salt bath. My roses need to be winterized, leaves need to be raked into my flower beds and my lungs just won't cooperate! So please tell me..... Why OH why did I start singing the Christmas song, "It's the most wonderful time of the year?" Can Zpac and a puffer make a person delusional? Yes, I'm miserable but I'm not delusional with a fever or anything. I was actually HAPPILY singing the song. I stopped mid-song and thought, "oh my Lord I've completely lost my marbles!" So friends, I wanted to share the end of Autumn happenings at The Olde Farmhouse. Prudence, Phoebe and Zoe are thrilled that the feeders are loaded with birds, my second hot bath of the day is calling me and then it will be back to the roses. Wish me luck! With Gratitude, Laurie B. Post script: After I posted this I realized that my doc sometimes reads my blog. OH CRAP I said out loud...Sorry Dr. Y!! I promise I'm bundled up but a gal's gotta get her farm chores done!

5 comments:

Denise November 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Get in the house! You have to take care of yourself!
I hope you start feeling better soon. It's suppose to get a bit warmer by the end of the week. I looked out the window yesturday and today and surprised to see snow! Yuck.
I bet Phoebe needs her sweater on now.
Take care of yourself friend.

Anonymous November 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful day with us and those lovely photos! Hope you feel better very soon!

Pam Hawk November 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

That stinks, being sick when there is so much to do. At least pneumonia waited until just AFTER the wedding instead of before.

I was empathizing with your frustration between taking care of yourself and taking care of the farm ...then realizing your doc may find out how well you've been following orders... then clicked to comment and even the word verification agrees with you. The addition of just two extra letters doesn't hide the fact that the word verif looks an awful lot like another, naughtier, 4-letter word that means CRAP. I'm cracking up over it.

Laurie B, I think it's a sign. Get thee to the tub and then to bed. The roses can wait. ☺

Kristen Andrews November 9, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

I hope you feel better soon. Will and I have been sick too and it is just miserable isn't it.

sherry November 11, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

This is your REAL scary mother! The photos are nice;even the one of you without your makeup, but then I've seen that before.

I want you to get your blood work and get your lungs checked. I remember when you had pneumonia before.

Love you, Mom(Sherry)

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."