November 13, 2008

HYDE PARK WINDOWS

Image from Marick Studio Patterns Hyde Park became a Royal Park in 1536 when the land was acquired by King Henry VIII. To this day, the name Hyde Park has been associated with elegance, style and grace. In London, New York, Chicago and many more places, majestic homes of affluence designed with stained glass accents are considered masterpieces of beauty and grace. These style have a timeless quality and are just as comfortable at the beginning of the last century as they are at the beginning of this one. (excerpt from Marick studios patterns) I recently started on my first Hyde Park design (shown above) and am excited to get the grinding process done~I'll be sharing each step of the process with you. Enjoy. With gratitude, Laurie B.

5 comments:

Josh November 13, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Hello, fellow bloggers! Laurie, that's one amazing window! Your work reminds of a church synagogue, but more beautiful (and without all the religious stuff). It's truly wonderous! *sniffle*

Anonymous November 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

I know nothing about stained glass - but Laurie looks hawt! :P forgive my statements I am in an altered state of consciousness :P

GPARTHA November 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

it is royal and regal

Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Gorgeous window Laurie, can't wait to see your project unfold. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog and I certainly appreciate you revising the interview towards a child's perspective.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well and I know pneumonia takes quite a while to recover from. Just take care of you and get well soon♥

Lisa November 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

Hey Laurie! Hope you are feeling better soon! I can't wait to see your work on the new project - the pattern is simply beautiful!! A show in Chicago sounds great! I'm only about an hour from Chicago and I've been dreaming of seeing Wicked before the show closes - maybe Santa's little helper over here will grant my wish this year! I don't know about you, but I can't believe the holiday season is upon us already - and we got SNOW today in Northwestern Indiana! Yikes!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."