August 15, 2008

MOSAIC ARTIST EXTRAORDINAIRE!

Mosaic is a medium...
...that can utilize so much that is undervalued or thrown away in our society. The wonderful patterns created by repetition of rubbish-tip items reminds us of elegant ethnic decoration. A simple spoon, key or cup handle repeated acquires a magic, hypnotic musical rhythm.
These opening words on Kaffe Fassett's website, of Kafee Fassett Studio in London, England, drew me in so fast I couldn't learn fast enough!
I've studied his site and have absolutely fallen in love with his jaw-dropping abilities.
He inspired me to follow my own artistic path and set me on a journey studying mosaic artists from around the world. There are styles I've always been more drawn to than others and found that my love for using stoneware in mosaics was deep and everlasting.
I can't put into words what I've learned from Fassett, only to say that if I met him in person I'd probably fall over in a dead faint! The best I can do is try and "turn you on" to his work by giving you the link to his site. http://www.kaffefassett.com/highlandstoneware-mosaics.htm
Study his work and read his story. He's a gift to the world and I'm happy and deeply honored to lift him up in this post as AN ARTIST I ADMIRE! (and aspire to) The picture I'm sharing today is the first mosaic table top I ever created. With gratitude, Laurie B.

1 comments:

Anonymous August 17, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Wow, his work is just amazing! It reminds me of a mosaic I saw in Australia years ago, so beautiful!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."