July 18, 2008

STAINED GLASS INSPIRATION

Hello friends!
This past weekend my husband and I had to make an emergency trip to our hometown of Freeport, IL because my brother-in-law was seriously ill.
The trip ended up being two-fold.
While we were there, we managed to attend our GRAND-niece's baptism. Grace Madonna is a beautiful little bundle and we were so thrilled to be able to attend.
To back-track just a bit, I've been struggling with my biz, trying to stay motivated and trying to rekindle my love and passion for stained glass.
We arrived at the church five minutes before the service started (after driving four hours in the car, and putting my makeup on in a gas station bathroom!)... I was frazzled.
We walked in and my breath was taken away. The stained glass in this church was incredible.
As we stood in witness of Grace's baptism, I was struck by how beautiful this church was, how wonderful the energy was and how stunning the stained glass windows were. From all angles the glass just shimmered and brought me immediately back into focus on just WHY I love this art form. The detail, the precision and the lasting beauty of this great art draws me in, centers me, calms me and makes me filled with gratitude for all the blessings we have in this world.
Needless to say I was so glad we were able to be there for my brother-in-law during his time of need. It was the reason we made the trip but in doing so, I was re-energized, my spirit was rekindled, and my love and passion for stained glass was renewed.
In giving of my love, my time and my energy to the family I was given back SO much!!
I'll share one of the photos I took of the stained glass in honor of this beautiful art form.
I will forever be reminded that even in our greatest hour of need, if we PAY ATTENTION, we are given gifts beyond what we could ever hope for.With gratitude, Laurie B.

8 comments:

Pam Hawk July 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Nothing like a little nudge... from God.

Pam Hawk July 19, 2008 at 2:16 AM  

(and much much later here I am again)

I see you did get an Entrecard. Love your picture.

How does it work?

Anonymous July 19, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

saw your post at entrecard and decided to drop by. i'm also in the same boat as i'm still trying to figure out how entrecard works :-)

beautiful picture and very interesting blog. stained glass always manage to calm me for some strange reason.

Kristen Andrews July 20, 2008 at 6:23 AM  

beautiful picture of the stained glass!

Patricia Hecker July 20, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

Laurie,
Wonderful post! Sometimes the muse arrives where and when we least expect it. In this case it was the sheer beauty of being in in the presence of this holy glass.
Each day is a gift, that is why we call it the present!
༺★༻
Blessings!
Patricia

Anonymous July 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

I found this posting on darling Keri's blog and posted a comment there but I just wanted to let you know how happy I am that you found your love & inspiration again - you deserve it!!

Pam Hawk July 22, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

I swear, I'm not a stalker! But I see my bright pink zinnia everywhere on these comments! LOL

I wanted to let you know I have a post due to publish in about an hour and a half with more info about Technorati vs. Google, and how to take advantage of both.

Meanwhile, I'm done for the night; It's late. I have to get up early and go to that place where I hang out for about 40 hours each week (where I create lots and lots of paperwork for other people!)

Cheers!

Laurie Roskam July 22, 2008 at 2:41 AM  

omyg! yOU HAVE a FUll time job TOO?????????????? How much energy do you have and can you spare some.
You're the kind of stalker that a person WANTS!!!! I'll take that pretty flower on my blog any day of the week....With Gratitude! Laurie B.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."