June 27, 2008

THE QUEST

Good evening friends! I was cleaning up my computer system and stumbled upon something that I typed up well over a year ago. It is the opening dialogue from HEROES...I remember being moved by it at the time and at the time of this posting, it has taken on a new meaning for me. Little did I know when I typed it up where I would be in this moment in time! Life is SUCH a journey!! I want to share it in the hopes that it touches your heart the way it touched mine. THE QUEST Where does it come from This quest? This need to solve life’s mysteries When the simplest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we’d be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that’s not human nature. Not the human heart. And That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we will meet along the way. Who among the world of strangers will hold our hand? Touch our heart? Share in the pain of trying? We dream of hope, of fire, of love, of death And then it happens. The dream becomes real. And the answer to this quest, This need to solve life’s mysteries Finally Shows itself. Like the light of a new dawn. So much struggle for meaning and In the end We find it is in each other, Our shared experience of the fantastic And the mundane. The simple human need to connect and To know in our hearts we are not alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous June 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

This is absolutely beautiful Laurie, thank you so much for sharing it. I spent the first half of my life thinking I was an island and it was only in realizing the true gift in life is to SHARE IT that I've found true beauty, love and happiness.

Rocki Adams July 1, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Hello Laurie - found you via Sharon's blog (feel like I know you already :)

This is truly heart touching. Even though we are all interconnected with each other, we must reach out and actually connect with our fellow life travelers and let them know we care.
Happiness to you,
☼ Rocki

Pam Hawk July 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

Is this from the tv show Heroes? Or what Heroes is it from?

Laurie Roskam July 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

It is the opening dialogue from the TV show Heroes...

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."