February 12, 2008

THE STORY OF SUNJEN CAFE'

This piece is one that will live in my heart forever. I received an email from a woman who asked if I could create a stained glass panel for her and her sister to give their mother as a Christmas gift.
Her name is Sunny, her sister's name is Jennifer.
She went on to tell me that when they were young, they had very little money and consequently rarely went out to dinner. Instead, their mother made a pretend menu, the sisters would order off of the menu, and would pay their mother with hugs and kisses.
They called this resturant "SunJen Cafe".
Now, full grown, they wanted to create this cafe sign for their mother.
The sun represents "Sunny" and Jennifer means "white wave", hence the wave in the foreground.
This client was a joy to work with and I was so filled with gratitude when she sent me pictures at Christmas of their mother holding the piece.
I was thrilled. THIS is why I love what I do!

2 comments:

erin, maker of chimes February 14, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

That is such a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. It certainly makes crafting worth it when you can experience something as special as that!

Dulce February 14, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

What a great story it put tears in my eyes. I am doing a thread on etsy about great custom orders that we may have to share with others and someone had just read yours and posted it on my thread. I have a great story to share too. if you would like to read it.
http://dulcescreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/nicoles-wedding-sock-monkeys.html

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."