February 29, 2008

HI I'M FLAT JACK AND I NEED YOUR HELP!

Care Of: 3rd Grade St. Andrew School 302 Sheldon Grand Rapids, MI Hi! My name is Flat Jack!! I am a friend of Alex. I like being flat because I can travel in an envelope or through the internet! I am helping my friends at St. Andrew learn about ARTISTS, different communities, states, countries and cultures. Would you please print me out, and take a picture of me with YOU in front of your house, or where you work, or any other fun thing you like to do and tell me a little bit about yourself and the people and place where you live. I'd really like to travel the world but I have to be back home in Grand Rapids in two weeks! So, would you please send your pictures and information to the house I am visiting right now?
I am staying with Laurie Beggin at her home so you can email her your pictures of me and you and your story!
She will take all of your pictures and stories and send them, AND ME! back in the envelope to St. Andrew School!!! Thank you for taking the time to help my friends at school learn more about their country and their world! Sincerely, Flat Jack

5 comments:

Pam Hawk March 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Poor Flat Jack is missing his left hand. (Hope he's not a southpaw.) No matter, he's going to tour western Oregon with me this week. We use Sign Language at home, so I'll teach him some useful signs that he can say with just one hand.

(I discovered he prints best if I copy the image and paste it into a word document, then drag to resize him so he fits on one page.)

Cheers!
-Pam

Pam Hawk March 17, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Uh Oh, Flat jack is a little tardy... He's been having so much fun out here in Oregon! He should be on his way by lunch time tomorrow. I hope it's not too late. I'll let you know the details of his trip home, including airline and flight number as soon as we get him to the airport. :o)

Laurie Roskam March 17, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

OH YOU ARE SOOOO FUN!!!!! NO HE'S NOT TARDY....ADVENTUROUS! Can't wait!! Closest flight here would land in O'Hare!!!
Thank you SO much Pam!
Laurie B.

Pam Hawk March 18, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Ok, Flat Jack is on his way home now!

I wasn't sure how to get the pictures to you with the explanations, so I put them in a post on my blog. Laurie, if you want me to email them to you, just let me know and I'll zap 'em over to you.

You can see Flat Jack's adventures at: http://passitonplatesblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/flat-jacks-adventures-in-oregon.html

One or two pictures may be missing. (The words Thank You and Funny.) I'll be able to fix that late tonight...

We had a great time. Please let Jack and any of his other friends know that they're welcome to visit us any time they want.
Cheers!

Pam Hawk March 19, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Hi again :o)
The missing pictures are in place. Now you can see someone with all of their fingers signing the words Thank You and Funny.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."