October 8, 2009

A SEASON FOR ALL THINGS



Good Morning friends! I am working hard on this cold and rainy Autumn day but hold out hope for some sunshine and the changing colors of the trees. One can HOPE! Yesterday, my friend Denise and I made the trip to Elvira, Iowa, a lovely farming community surrounded by beautiful Iowa countryside. I have been commissioned to create three stained glass windows for the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church! Pastor Bill is a wonderful man, so full of inspiration and energy. I have asked Denise Clenney, of Changing Designs, to draw the pattern I will be using for the windows. I was able to get the measurments of the windows with Denise's help and our brain-storming session with Pastor Bill was very exciting. I'll be creating an Iowa landscape in a tri-scape design. I'm incredibly jazzed about the location and I think this project will be beautiful! I am looking foward to sharing this journey with you and will be sure to post pictures as I create these pieces for Elvira Zion Lutheran. As always, LIFT UP YOUR ART! With Gratitude, Laurie B.

1 comments:

artangel October 11, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

Congratulations on your new commission Laurie - sounds wonderful - can't wait to see what you create!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."