December 15, 2008

Lampshades, Christmas and Weddings

Good Morning Readers! I am in the midst of preparations for a beautiful wedding reception, I'm scurrying to fill my custom stained glass lampshade orders and am also preparing for our family Christmas celebration...all in the midst of some nasty ice on the roads this am. Here's an example of a couple of styles of the small lampshades I'm working on. I have ordered new pattern books for small to medium lampshades and also some beautiful crosses patterns along with more much needed supplies. As I type I am hoping my wonderful UPS deliverer is able to make it out here toThe Olde Farmhouse. Fingers crossed! Well, I am off to assemble a lampshade...photos of the process are shown above. Enjoy my Christmas Tree photo. I'll be sharing more this week of Prudence seeing her first Christmas tree and tree ornament..put it this way, it's a really good thing I decided to go with all unbreakable ornaments this year. However, plastic DOES crack! lol Warm wishes with gratitude, Laurie B.

4 comments:

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

The lamp shades are gorgeous and I do remember our Christmas in the farm house several years ago with the kittens, what a disaster! Never realized they'd climb the inside until the tree came crashing down at 3am... no plastic ornaments, ugh!

Zackary December 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

Everything looks so beautiful on your site! UPS drivers are tough and determined, I am sure they will take good care of you.

The Muse December 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

wonderful!

Pam Hawk December 27, 2008 at 1:44 AM  

I had no idea that's how you put together lampshades. How neat.

So how'd Pru do with her tree? Did she treat it nicely? Or like her own personal pine scented jungle gym?

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."