November 17, 2008

HYDE PARK PROJECT

Hello friends, I've started on my Hyde Park panel (finished example shown in a prior post) and wanted to share the first couple of steps with you. I chose the various colors of English Muffle glass and purchased the individual sheets. I then took the pattern and cut each piece out and affixed it to the appropriate color of glass. This picture shows the glass panes cut down to a size that is easier to handle when cutting each individual piece. The goal is to position the pieces so as to have as little glass waste as possible while allowing the artist to make the cut as easily as possible. Remember that glass only WANTS to break in a straight line. I'll be cutting each of these individual pieces out tomorrow and then will start on the grinding process. I'll share a few photos of those steps in the days ahead. With gratitude, Laurie B.

2 comments:

Scary Mommy November 18, 2008 at 5:23 AM  

Wow- I just love stained glass and seeing the process is so cool. You are so very talented!!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

@Scary Mommy are agree with you

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."