November 2, 2008

Art remains after artist turns to dust!

Photo by Laurie Beggin

Good morning faithful readers,
I've just finished reading the article in our local newspaper and it was very well done. I LOVE the writer. He's from England (with totally cool thick accent). One of the things that impressed me most about him was that he actually KNEW that my garden was an English Cottage Style Garden. Most people look at it and think it's "just messy". At any rate, he did a wonderful job with the article, I love his writing style and I wanted to share it with my readers so here's the link. His comment about my stained glass being around after I have turned to dust still has me chuckling! I've always said "just throw my ashes into my gardens and that will make me the happiest!"
http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2008/11/02/money/1036713.txt(minus the pictures of me) I think it's time to get my hair cut! ugh!
I'm blessed, and filled with gratitude, Laurie B.

4 comments:

Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

HI Laurie !
Just read the article in the Herald and Review about you and your business !! Thought I would check out your Blog/Store etc.... BEAUTIFUL Work !
(I live in Decatur, My girls go to Warrensbug Schools..... And we also have the carwash out in Warrensburg ! AND I have always wanted to take those classes at the Glass House.... never enough time !!!)
Anyway congrats on the article! I'm SURE you will be receiving alot of feedback !
Enjoy this beautiful Sunday !
Julie Maton

Laurie Roskam November 2, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Hello neighbor!! Thank you SO much for your kind words. My hubby uses your carwash regularly! So glad you checked out my blog and maybe we will run into each other in good ol' Warrensburg USA! With gratitude, laurie b.

Unknown November 3, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

What a wonderful article.

Denise November 3, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Hi Laurie,
Wonderful article! Your work is beautiful. I'm so happy a few more people are giving you some recognition for it! :) I know how much you put into all of your projects.
I too remember the glass houses in Freeport! I may start adding mosaics to our house now! (although after the fresh paint job this year, that wouldn't go over very good would it?!)
Keep on Grinding!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."