October 6, 2008

A MESSAGE OF HOPE FROM PATRICA

(photo by Laurie Beggin)

One of my favorite bloggers is Patricia Hecker of http://tattoodreams.blogspot.com/ She is a wonderful artist, she is insightful and has a wonderful gift of prose. I read all of her posts and this evening it brought me to tears. I will share a small portion of her post but I urge you to visit her blog and her shop. She is a wonderful soul and I thank her from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to re-post a portion of her writing here this evening. With Gratitude, Laurie B.
(excerpt from tattoo dreams blog)
I believe in leaving the world better than I found it.
I believe in helping the planet heal itself.
I believe in better tomorrows by carefully adjusting what we do today.
In taking responsibility.
I believe in the power of peace and the power of hope.
Without them I would be nothing.
Without them I could not put myself out there, weekend after weekend in such a wrecked economy trying to sell my soul through my art.
Without them, I could not daily put one foot in front of the other without falling.
Without them I could not wake up to the atrocities the last wreck less 8 years of war, mismanagement and lies have brought to our country and not curl into a ball sobbing.
Without them I would have given up long ago.
I don't want to be disappointed on November 4th.
I want change!
I want my livlihood back!
I WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK!!! (Laurie is adding her stomping foot here!)
Like I said, I believe in the power of peace and the power of hope!
This is what I am casting my vote towards on election day!Patricia★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

1 comments:

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Oh Laurie this is a beautiful post and I loved your friend's blog, thank you so much for sharing her with us!!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."