October 3, 2008

FAMILY FRIDAY

Morning friends!
Time flies so fast and it is so precious!
I wanted to share some pictures with you that I recently put together. I took two of my favorite photos of my boys when they were young and asked them to go BACK to the location where the pictures were taken and take updates. It turned out so cool. I am hopeful that when their children are born, they can do the same. I wonder how long we can keep this going? The tree that my oldest son is featured with has been at the park for at least over 100 years. I was thrilled when he surprised me with this current picture (for my birthday). He drove a few hours to get there!
Yesterday, my hubby and younger son (now six foot 2 and size 14 shoe!)
and I drove out to Rock Springs Nature Conservation. They have a natural prairie and sure enough....it is still there and just as beautiful.
So, please enjoy a little glimpse into my family life...PAST/PRESENT and hopefully FUTURE! With gratitude, Laurie B.

6 comments:

Scary Mommy October 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

That is just beautiful!! I love that idea!!!

Kristen Andrews October 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

what a great idea, I just love both pics! What a keepsake and boy you keep telling me they grow up fast!

Amy Steinberg October 4, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

I leave for a week and come back to a whole new blog. I love your new masthead and everything is so bright. Beautiful! xoxo

Catherine October 5, 2008 at 2:53 AM  

What a superb idea! I love it! What a lovely son you have too!!

Hope you don't mind me hopping over here, but I often see you leave comments on Sharon of Manamoon's blog! I'm just horribly nosey!

Laurie Roskam October 5, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Hi Amy and Catherine!
Oh yes, I thought my blog needed a makeover..it was an interesting ride to say the least. I'm still tweaking it.
Catherine, I am SO glad you came to visit! I love your posts on Sharon's blog and I hope to have more convos with you here! With gratitude, Laurie B.

Pam Hawk October 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

This is a super idea! I love these photos. And how touching that your son drove out of his way to take his picture by that same tree. What a fantastic gift.

Maybe I'll bug my brother in law to see their family photo album, then sneak my nephew off for a little photo shoot - in order to help him with his Christmas giving for mom. They've lived in the same town his whole life and I'm sure there's a place we can return to.

Too bad we've moved so much - but we do this every year Christmas morning and I have 12 pictures of a growing girl looking happy under the Christmas tree - and every year she has chocolate on her face!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."