October 24, 2008

Exciting Times At The Olde Farmhouse

Good morning friends! Wedding preparations are finalized, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner are this evening, photos are at 1 tomorrow and the wedding starts at 4:30! Sunday I will have all of the out of town guests here at The Olde Farmhouse for a Wedding Brunch. Tricky business trying to find time to cook for the brunch when the two days leading up to the wedding are booked!!! I started decorating for the brunch last night and wanted to give you a little peek into my world this morning. The bride and groom are having a beautiful fall wedding and I thought I'd continue the theme for the brunch. Of course I'll be minus the STUNNING roses that she's having. I'm crossing my fingers that I get to bring some of the flowers home after the wedding. If so, I'll share pictures with you. They are just amazing. (and I'm pretty picky about my flowers) I have a few more falling leaves to create, pumpkin to cut and decorate and found some beautiful leaves to throw all over the floor. Joe thinks I'm a bit off-my-nut but I showed him the Martha show where I gleaned my idea. *not that he's a big Martha fan. I, however, have always had a special place in my heart for Martha. I like her SO much better now that she's done some time.... I better get this posted and get back to work. Pru was the motivation for the photos and I took one of the falling leaves just for fun. Send best wishes up to the heavens for us please! It DOES look like the rain and clouds will be clearing out on Saturday. Woohoo!!! With gratitude, The Mother Of The Groom (what a trip!)

5 comments:

Jean9 October 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Wow, what an exciting and busy weekend you will have! Your decorations are looking wonderful the fall theme is great, there is nothing as breath taking as those fall colors. I wish for you bright sunshine. I look forward to photos of your brunch if you get a chance to take some! Have fun.

Anonymous October 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Wow! Now that's a ceiling!! We've been dying to add a copper ceiling to our living - your tin one is gorgeous!! Ah, the little P is just so adorable!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend filled with love, laughter, joy, a few tears of happiness and beautiful sunny fall weather.

Pam Hawk October 24, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Oh, I love what you did to decorate! (Beautiful tin ceiling, BTW.) How exciting that the moments are almost here! ...and how sad it's almost over...

Well good luck, best wishes, and plenty of sunshine is wished for all. Have a fantastic weekend!

-Pam

Anonymous October 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Good luck, looks great:) Also, gorgeous cat!

ABrushWithHumor October 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

Good Luck with the Wedding and all of the surrounding events! You'll do great!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."