September 25, 2008

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT-DO YOU BELIEVE?

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the world that may ultimately alter the path of a history or delay, accelerate or even prevent certain occurrences.
The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the world at any given space and time, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale alterations of events. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the event might have been vastly different. (Chaos theory)
Your thoughts?
Personally, you won't find me stepping on any butterfly wings!

2 comments:

Pam Hawk September 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Yeah, I had just recently heard about that - I think during the season premiere of the tv show Heroes (I'm sooo hooked!) - that a butterfly flapping its wings in Africa can change the wind in North America. Not the first time I'd heard of The Butterfly Effect, but still a good point to remember daily.

Kristen Andrews September 25, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

I love butterflies, Will and I tried saving one a few weeks ago and I was just sick over it. My neighbor even came over to try and help.

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."