February 26, 2008

Artistic flow and the blog....

Being new to the blog experience I was initially addicted to the blog process and found myself ignoring my art.
The past week was a struggle for balance and after spending a wonderful, reflective weekend with our extended family I believe I've found my balance and focus.
I watched our family at a HUGE surprise party for my brother-in-law who just turned 40. I sat and watched the outpouring of love for him and was bedazzled at his long list of friends and family. The love in the room was palpable and THIS, I realized, was what fuels my artistic endeavor.
The beauty that we humans possess to love, cherish and honor each other is astounding. I realized that any and all MATERIAL things are simply a reflection of that love.
THAT is what I put into my glass works as I cut, grind, foil, solder and finish each piece.
So here's to you dear brother-in-law! Happy 40th! I love you!!

1 comments:

Anonymous February 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

I couldn't agree more. What a beautiful experience Saturday was. I like the new look!

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOOKING GLASS!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About this Blog

"All images and content of Laurie Beggin's Glass Musings and Through The Looking Glass © 2007 Laurie Beggin, unless otherwise noted."